Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Dunkin Doggie


Who doesn't love a ball of dough that is sunk into an ocean of boiling, spitting oil until it forms a golden hue only to than be delicately laden in some sort of sugary concoction and placed on display until it reaches your watering mouth! Oh Donuts!! I love them all. French Crullers never fail me with their dainty texture. On the other hand I also like the heavy, guilt ridden Boston Creme donuts that are an absolute favorite of my boyfriend Ryan. I had never dared indulge in such a donut before him. Now we share them on a regular occasion because they are just so beautiful. You get the best of everything; quintessential donut dough with a dense velvety creme filling and a blanket of chocolate falling over the top. These donuts mean business. I also enjoy the more "regular donuts" such as the simplistic chocolate glazed (seemingly a favorite among kids-used to be my go to when I was little) or even the plain ("old fashion") donut if it is accompanied by milk or coffee.
Just about every week Ryan (bf) and I hit up the local drive thu Dunkin' Donuts for our fix. In NY we don't have such an anomaly. We have to leave our cars and enter a building to get our donuts. But here in NH where people drive long distances to work during negative degree winters just about every business has a drive through. Until coming to NH I had never thought of Dunkin' Donuts to be particularly dog friendly. But every time we have the dogs in the car the person behind the drive through door asks "Do your puppies want some donuts!?" Well, if I lied and said "no thanks" I think Bug and Beast would probably disown me. Now it's a custom to roll the windows down, let them put on their hungry faces and wait respectively for their donut holes. Every time we round the corner and place our orders the pups perk up. Bug is raised from his sleep by the smell of donut holes floating in oil and Beast hops over to the window, both with hungry eyes and big smiles!

No comments:

Post a Comment